TODAY’S BREW: Enough coffee that my heart may beat so fast it will finally just stop. You can’t even imagine the puke fest I have lived through last night.
I am so in love with the reality of this post, I want to cross stitch it onto several pillows then cry into them. Coincidentally, I also love Gina Denny, who is an amazing writer, with a voice that will kick your ass off of your ass. She did an amazing piece for Josh Hewitt’s blog series “World’s End” called SERENITY. Go read it. http://hewittwcc.wordpress.com/2013/04/05/serenity-by-gina-denny/.
Okay, you’re back? Okay, NOW go look at what she did for our little side project The Midnight Type, for our “SantaCLASH” series. http://themidnighttype.wordpress.com/2013/12/06/19-days-til-christmas-thriller-title-to-come-by-gina-denny/
Follow Gina on Twitter @ginad129 and check out her blog, http://t.co/uofYCtDzyG.
Tuesday, December 17, 2013
60 Ways to Not Write Your Novel
1. Blog about writing.
2. Read a book about writing.
3. Join a fan forum.
4. Listen to Writing Excuses.
5. Make a snack.
6. Join Twitter.
7. Post “Twitter is confusing!” on facebook.
8. Read a book you’ve been meaning to read for a long time.
9. Write a review about that book.
10. Read all the other reviews about that book.
11. Get into a Goodreads war.
12. See the @ column on twitter.
13. “Ohhhhhh… THIS is why people love twitter!”
14. Join a blogging community.
15. Write your synopsis.
16. Write your query.
17. Write back cover blurbs. For the entire series of eight epic fantasies you plan on writing.
18. Have a “job” that pays you “money” for “doing stuff” that “isn’t” writing.
19. Remember Chris Farley did an SNL skit with extraneous sarcastic air quotes.
20. Look up the skit on YouTube.
21. Fall down the YouTube rabbit hole, emerging four hours later with a new-found appreciation for Nerdfighting.
22. Organize your desk.
24. Download the More Beaute2 app and edit a selfie.
25. Take way more selfies.
26. Research mundane details of your novel.