MONDAY GRATITUDE with Julie
TODAY’S BREW: The bottoms of the bags of coffee. If this were a sandwich made of the last pieces of all the meat, it would be called a hoffaloney sandwich. This is a coffaloney.
My little world is weird, and it’s very funny in the right light, but also I’m subject to a day now and again where I say WHAT THE HELL THIS ALL SUCKS SO MUCH CAN I HAVE ONE NORMAL FRIGGING DAY PLEASE?
Yesterday was that day. Today is the day I take a page from one of my closest friends, Jolene Haley, and write a Monday Gratitude blog. I feel better already.
First, a short list of some of the things that have happened in the past two weeks:
- car broken into
- covered in black sticky mud after saving Sam from low tide. Mud so thick that a passerby said “nice tattoos!” regarding my legs but IT WAS MUD which I then washed in a public bathroom sink, in a skirt, while the town officials wandered around the property doing assessments.
- insurance turned down the med that Sam absolutely needs and is perfect for him but approved TWO meds that are absolutely wrong.
- my phone dies if it isn’t plugged in
- I don’t want to change diapers anymore.
- Pizza man walked in my back door, into my house. I hadn’t ordered pizza.
- I’m boring myself already, let’s get to the good stuff.
Ten things that make me happy.
- The kids asking me as soon as we wake up if we can stay home today.
- ANYONE CAN MARRY WHOEVER THEY WANT TO AND THERE’S NO SUCH THING AS GAY MARRIAGE ANYMORE, IT’S ALL JUST REGULAR MARRIAGE.
- I have two eighties robots that I rescued from eBay.
- Finished writing a story, the first short piece I’ve done in a loooooong time and I really like it.
- Had an apocalypse dream starring Ryan Reynolds. Awesome.
- My friend Brett Jonas sent me a bunch of awesome goodies from her family’s farm, http://goatmilkstuff.com/ and she just rescued a stuck kitten also.
- People that make movies asked about my book and even if none of them ever pick it up, that alone is more joy than I can even stand.
- Bennett got all Outstanding on his report card after going through THREE teacher changes in second grade.
- We rescued a fish at the beach the other day.
The awesome thing is that I have SO MUCH MORE than ten things to list, far more than the other crappy list. As a matter of fact, I might write one of these every damn day for a while.
As always, I have the most incredible people in my life, people who inspire me as a mom, people who encourage me as a writer, people who support me as a friend, people who love me as a Julie.