What’s on Our Nightstands for National Readathon Day!
TODAY’S BREW: French Vanilla because it’s coffee meant for staying in bed.
IT’S NATIONAL READATHON DAY! Coincidentally, I’m on bed rest to help recover from stupid surgery, so I’ve been reading and will be reading for-ev-errrr.
So when the avid readers over at Casper asked Kristen and I what books were taking up our nightstands, I was on it. Then they told me their mattress comes delivered the size of a mini fridge, and I thought that was awesome. Look.
And then I thought about how much time I’d be in bed, and I really wanted one AND a mini fridge so I could just lay on my bed and eat and read. Anyway, we all need new mattresses it turns out. Go see why at https://casper.com/mattresses. They’re also hilarious tweeters which is funny, because MATTRESSES. https://twitter.com/Casper.
As I was crybabying over, I just had surgery this week, so BOOKS.
- I needed a book that was both familiar but new enough to make me forget what was just taken out of my body. I went for THE HUNGER GAMES, and as a real jerk about heroines, I was totally into Katniss. She’s powerful. No other word for it.
- ATLANTIA by Ally Condie. I loved the MATCHED trilogy, and so was amped for this which is a dystopian Atlantis novel? Sold. Also I have a signed copy, so take that.
- THE CORMORANT by Chuck Wendig, about one of my favorite antiheroines ever, Miriam Black.
- ISLA’S INHERITANCE by Cassandra Page, a very cool coming of age Fey novel set in Australia.
- (ahem) RUNNING AWAY by Julie Hutchings because now is the time for me to refamiliarize myself with the sequel to my first book, RUNNING HOME so that I can get smacking on the end of the trilogy.
Kristen is not bed-bound but is always looking for a nice book boyfriend to lull her to sleep, and I know for a fact that right now she’s reading:
- DEAD OF WINTER by Kresley Cole, which I am staring at her over so I can read next. This series is in both of our top tens of 2014.
- RUIN AND RISING by Leigh Bardugo (also a favorite of mine), an incredibly lush Russian inspired beauty.
- And this is all me talking, but you very much need to have on YOUR nightstand, my favorite of Kristen’s books which is the perfect winter bedtime book, SILENT NIGHT.
Well, I hope you’ve had fun imagining our bedsides, and all the books that are piled up there, and all the cookie crumbs all over them. Tell us what’s on your nightstands, too!