Kristen’s Supernatural Stamp Of Approval
Today’s brew: Seasonal Nog. It’s soy “egg” nog and quite delicious. It’s amazing with Kahlua, but it’s Monday for the love of God and I have to be up at 4:30 AM. You need to know when to say when.
Since Julie told you about all the supernatural things I hate yesterday, I thought it might be wise to to follow up with the supernatural creatures that send my heart pitter pattering, or at the very least, don’t make me roll my eyes in disgust and say “not again!”
1. Vampires. Big surprise here. I will never get my fill. I prefer my vamps to be dark and a little scary. For me, some of the lure of vampires is that they are those dangerous creatures you just can not resist. There are so many different legends to pull from, but at the core they all hold certain similarities. There’s also many unique ways to interpret these legends while staying true to tradition.
2. Witches. Let’s face it, witches kick ass. It helps if you have some supernatural talent, but anyone can learn to be a witch. Get a spell book and the proper supplies, and believe. It’s like a religion. I would love to see a witch who really just sucks at her witchness, and watch the mayhem and foolishness ensue.
3. Gods. Greek Gods, Roman Gods, Chinese Gods. All fascinating. I recently read Kylie Chan’s White Tiger and found the Chinese mythology to be far more intriguing that the romantic plot. Just because of that, I would be interested in reading the further in the trilogy. I’ve also read some of Anne Rice’s Christ the Lord which is rich a thick and fascinating.
4. Historical Figures. File under the same category as Gods. Education was wasted on me when I was young. My mind wasn’t ready. Set any of these figures in any historical period and I’m interested. I admire anyone who tackles the historical research needed to get it right.
5. Astrology. No one loved Vicki Pettersson’s Signs of the Zodiac series as much as I did, and that’s your loss. I loved the thought of the astrological signs holding powers and having significant events shape the signs of the Zodiac. I was so sad when these books ended after only six signs of the Zodiac. I was down for twelve of these books. Are you listening Vicki?
6. Rock Stars. Sigh. Okay, so I know they’re mostly mere mortals, but they have the ability to hold us in a supernatural spell.
7. Real People. If you can get me to fall in love with a character who’s just plain old human, then you, dear author, posses super powers all your own.